East Finchley Community Trust is a charity set up for the benefit of the public in areas of social and economic deprivation, and in particular in East Finchley, by the means of:
- The relief of financial hardship
- The advancement of education and training
- The maintenance, improvement or provision of public amenities
- The provision of recreational facilities for the public or those who have need of such facilities
- The protection or conservation of the environment.
In addition to their fundraising work, the Trust ran East Finchley Festival for many years, until handing over to East Finchley Festival CIC in 2019, and have run many community events, from plant and seed swaps to the meetings to address air polution levels in East Finchley and the Borough of Barnet.
EFCT is currently raising funds to assist local schools with the purchase of laptops and tablets so all children can access learning from home.