East Finchley’s local history resources, compiled by David Smith, with thanks to The Archer.
Tony Roberts’s history of East Finchley
Reproduced from a series of articles written for The Archer, published in 1997/8. Tony Roberts supplies archive material for The Finchley Society and leads guded local history walks.
Visit his website for more local history and over 100 walks.
- In The Beginning
- East Finchley in Time Immemorial
- The Bishop and his Hunting Park
- East Finchley Takes Shape
- Clouds on the Horizon
- East Finchley’s Elegant Past
- What’s in a name
- The Railway comes to East Finchley
- The Tube at our Feet
- The Rise of Hampstead Garden Suburb
| Join our local history Facebook group:|
Memories of East Finchley & Muswell Hill