East Finchley Neighbourhood Supprt CIC, registered in England & Wales, company no 13239238
Data collected on this website is processed by East Finchley Neighbourhood Support CIC (EFNS).
This policy aims to inform you of your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data and sets out how EFNS uses and protects any information that you provide when using our website or if you contact us by phone or email.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
EFNS processes data on one or more of the following conditions:
- Explicit and informed consent has been given by the person whose data is being processed.
- There is a legitimate interest in processing data.
- It is necessary in relation to a contract or agreement which the person has entered or because the person has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract or agreement.
- There is a legal obligation on EFNS to process the data.
What data do we collect?
Contact forms (EFNS)
We collect some personal information to deliver our services and respond to queries and requests for information, service and support.
To do so we may collect the following information:
- name and surname
- contact information, including phone numbers and email address.
- demographic information such as postcode.
- other information relevant to customer surveys.
We require this information in order to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to carry out impact assessments
- to improve our services
If you leave a comment on our page you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
What we do with the data we process?
We will never use your personal information to send you our marketing or promotional material unless you have expressly asked us to.
We will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We will not sell anyone’s personal data for commercial purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How long we retain your data
Information relating to requests for support will be deleted 12 months after last contact.
We may keep records relating to volunteers for as long as required to fulfil our legal obligations, e.g. safeguarding, insurance.
If you leave a comment on the website, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please submit your requests in writing to email@example.com. A small fee may be payable if an information request is particularly onerous.
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information, but this may inhibit or limit the way in which we are able to interact with you. If you wish to restrict the data we hold about you, please contact us in writing. (see contact details below).
- You may request deletion of the data we hold about you at any time in writing, subject to any legal obligation on EFNS to retain data, such as the retention of DBS checks for safeguarding purposes.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us in writing as soon as possible (see contact details below). We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How we protect your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers based in the UK or in secure paper files.
Persons processing data on our behalf do so in accordance with this policy and on the basis that we are satisfied that they can and will adhere to our high standards for data protection and security.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites